- Usually responsible for actively supporting the Branch Manager in the growth of the business by sourcing products at the best possible prices and developing strategies for increasing existing business and sourcing new business.
- Placing and reviewing purchase orders with suppliers either on the phone, by email or direct online, looking to make as much cost savings as possible.
- Liaising with all departments and suppliers
- Responsible for escalation of potential stock problems and be prepared to present solutions.
- Placing orders with suppliers at the lowest cost, appropriate to quality with on-time delivery
- Reactively handling incoming telephone calls.
- Building, developing and managing relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Ensuring all records, systems and paperwork are kept up-to-date.
- To participate in meetings with colleagues and suppliers as and when required
- Dealing with other branches and departments in a professional manner.
- A demonstrable track record of success in a similar role
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a solid work ethic and a “can do” attitude.
- A team player who enjoys a busy and productive working environment.
- Effective communication with fellow staff and suppliers' representatives is a key ability.
- Professional negotiating skills.
- Experience working in the Electrical Wholesale sector is generally preferable but not essential.